On its surface, it would look like finding a women’s ski jackets is an easy proposition. After all, all you need to do is find one that looks good and doesn’t cost an arm and a leg, right? Well, I hate to burst your bubble but buying one of these jackets isn’t all that easy. There are a number of things to consider – from the composition of the jacket to its length to its insulation and waterproof ratings.
Which is why you may need a little bit of guidance to help you to not only find a jacket that will fit you and isn’t too expensive but to find the best women’s ski jackets that are currently available. One that not only is warm and fits well but is also stylish today. And that is exactly what this guide is going to do for you.
Not only will this guide show you ten of the best women’s ski jackets that are currently available at this time but will also give you some tips and suggestions for choosing a jacket that will last you many years and keep you warm, comfy and stylish out on the ski slopes. So without further adieu, let’s kick off this article with some of the jackets which really impressed us.
Best Womens Ski Jackets – Reviews
10Diamond Candy Women’s Hooded Sportswear Jacket
This particular jacket is not only suitable for the ski slopes but is also suitable for a wide range of outdoor winter activities—including camping, mountaineering, and hiking. It’s made of 100% nylon that makes this jacket not only comfortable but also waterproof as well. It’s also made to be seam sealed but entirely breathable as well. It also has a hood to keep your head warm and has a nice style to it that isn’t too flashy but also isn’t too subtle. This jacket is made in one of a number of different colors as well including green, blue, red and hot pink.
9Wantdo Women’s Waterproof Fleece Jacket
This women’s jacket combines style with a warm, waterproof fabric that can hold up to winter wind, snow, and sleet. It has a water-repellent outer layer that’s combined with a fleece line and cotton padding that keeps the cold air out and helps keep body heat in. It’s also windproof and has adjustable cuffs, a windproof powder skirt, an adjustable storm hood and an internal drawcord hem. It also has two zippered hand pockets, a zippered chest pocket, one internal media pocket and 1 other internal pocket. This jacket is good for a variety of winter sports from snowboarding, downhill skiing, and cross-country skiing.
8Mountain Warehouse Women’s Printed Jacket
Designed to provide the wearer with added warmth on ski slopes, this printed jacket has the features needed to keep one warm during just about any outdoor winter activity. It’s made from 100% polyester that has been treated with a water repellent that makes it snow proof and rain resistant. This jacket also has an insulated fleece liner that’s designed to keep cold air out and body heat in. Other features of this warm winter jacket include a snow skirt, an adjustable hem, a hood, and a number of pockets include two external pockets in the front and one internal pocket.
7Phibee Women’s Outdoor Snowboard Jacket
Available in a number of different colors, from black to orange to pink, this jacket is the perfect accessory to take skiing or snowboarding and it’s designed to keep the wearer toasty warm. It’s made of 100% polyester with a fleece liner that is capable of keeping the wearer warm even in frigid winter conditions, yet remains breathable at the same time. Other features of this jacket include a snow skirt, thumb holes, and an adjustable Velcro cuff. This waterproof and windproof jacket is good for outdoor winter sports enthusiasts or to give to that special woman in your life who loves to ski or snowboard.
6Mountain Warehouse Moon Women’s Insulated Jacket
Designed to be used by women who are beginners to the sport of skiing, this jacket provides comfort, warmth, and convenience all in one stylish piece of outerwear. It is water-resistant and windproof and has a fleece liner that keeps cold air out and your natural body heat in. It also comes with a snow skirt, to keep excess snow from sneaking in unexpectedly, and plenty of pockets for storing keys, gloves or other personal items. It’s also a jacket that comes in a variety of different colors which include bright pink, pink, purple and dark purple.
5Legendary Whitetails Polar Trail Pro Series Women’s Winter Jacket
This women’s winter jacket is designed not only to provide exceptional warmth to the wearer but is also designed to look good as well. Its outer shell is made from a nylon/polyester blend and an insulating layer that’s made of polyester and aluminized polyurethane. These two materials combine to make this jacket warm, water-resistant and wind-resistant. This makes this winter jacket great for helping you keep yourself warm while on the ski slopes or while riding your snowmobile or snowboard. Other features of this jacket include adjustable cuffs and a hood that can be adjusted or removed altogether.
4Outdoor Master Women’s 3-in-1 Winter Jacket
This women’s jacket set is not only designed to be stylish and good looking but is also designed to be functional as well. It features a three-in-one design which allows it to be worn in a variety of different weather conditions. All three layers can be worn during extremely cold weather or the layers can be worn individually. The top layer features a waterproof shell, the next layer is an inner fleece layer. Other features of this jacket include waterproof YKK zippers, chest pockets which are easy to reach, a removable hood, and adjustable cuffs. And since this jacket comes in a variety of different colors it should be easily matched to all of your other winter weather ski gear.
3Columbia Sportswear Women’s Bugaboo Jacket
Simple yet stylish and able to keep the wearer warm in just about any winter weather conditions, this jacket will make itself at home on the slopes or just about anywhere else. It’s 100% nylon with a taffeta and polyester liner that reflects body heat back at the wearer to keep them toasty warm even when the winter winds are howling. It also features a fleece liner, zippered hand pockets, an interior security pocket and sealed seams. This jacket also comes in a variety of different colors which may include such colors as black, dark raspberry and deep blush, among others.
2Aptro Women’s Snow Jacket
This bright and vibrant winter jacket is not only nice looking but is also warm to wear, no matter if you intend on wearing it on the ski slopes or not. It’s made of a high-quality polyester material that makes it windproof, waterproof and is coated so that it also has anti-static properties. It’s also completely breathable and will keep winter’s icy grip at bay. If you’ve been searching for a snow jacket that can help you tackle the slopes, then this might be a jacket to take a close look at or to purchase before winter comes calling again.
1Columbia Sportswear Women’s Alpine Jacket
This sophisticated jacket looks good no matter if it’s worn on the slopes of the Alpine or while watching an outdoor football game. It’s made of a nylon and polyester blend that’s combined with microtemp insulation that makes this jacket nice and warm, even during extreme winter temperatures. And since it also has an Omni-Tech design that’s breathable and seam sealed, you can rest assured that this jacket is also water-resistant as well. This jacket also has an adjustable hood that can be completely removed if it’s not desired to be worn.
Can’t Find What You’re Looking For? Check these suggestions:
Choosing the Appropriate Women’s Jacket for Skiing
Women’s jackets that are made for skiing need to have a number of features to make them truly useful on the slopes. While they may need to look good, their main purpose is to keep the wearer warm, dry and to protect them from cold winter winds. Of course, to achieve all of these objectives, a jacket can come in a number of different varieties and have a number of different features, so let’s take a good look at some of these styles and features so we can get a better understanding of them.
Types of Jackets
- 3-in-1 Jackets – These jackets often feature a waterproof outer layer that’s combined with two insulating layers. The layers can be worn all together, in really cold conditions, or the outer layer or the inner layer can be worn separately. This gives the wearer the ability to endure warmer temperatures or colder temperatures easily.
- Insulated Jackets – Insulated Jackets often come with a waterproof layer that’s combined with a thick insulating layer, which is often measured in grams. The more grams a jacket has of insulation, the warmer it will be.
- Insulator Jackets – Not to be confused with insulated jackets, these jackets are designed with a preference given to the wearer’s range of motion. Therefore, they are designed to be slimmer and are not generally as warm as other jacket types.
The fit of the jacket is another thing that needs to be considered. Below are some of the more common jacket fits:
- Slim Fit-This fit sits close to the body and is for wearers who need a greater range of motion.
- Regular Fit-These jackets are often true to size and aren’t too restricting.
- Relaxed Fit-These jackets are designed to be warm and comfortable thanks to extra layers of material.
When considering length, there are four main types that need to be considered:
- Cropped-This fit accentuates the waist, which is where the hem sits.
- Hip Length-With this fit, the hem sits at or just below the hip. This provides a more athletic fit.
- Thigh Length-With this fit, the hem sits approximately 4-inches below the hip. This gives the wearer extra protection.
- Full Length-The hem sits at or just below the knee. This provides additional protection and a more tailored looking fit.
Types of Insulatio
Just about every coat insulation will keep you warm in winter conditions but they each go about it in their own way. Here are some of the more common insulators used for women’s jackets:
- Fleece-Fleece is one of the best insulators available. It’s not only light but also holds on to heat extremely well. Most jackets will use either an all-fleece layer or combine it with some other material such as cotton.
- Down-Down is another great insulator. It’s not as lightweight as fleece but it is still fairly light and does a good job of keeping the body warm. In fact, while down jackets are bulky, they also insulate some of the warmest jackets out there.
- Synthetics-There are a number of synthetic brands out there including Thinsulate, Primaloft, and others. While they do a good job at keeping you warm, they don’t do as good a job of insulating as fleece or down. However, they are often less expensive than any of those other two materials.
Additional Features to Consider
There are a number of other features that can be found on jackets that can make them warm or more practical to wear on the slopes. Below are just a few of these additional features:
- Removable Hoods-Removable hoods are a good feature to have. Sometimes you want the protection and sometimes you don’t want the extra material holding you back.
- Snow Skirts-Snow skirts, also known as powder skirts, are another great feature to have on jackets for skiing. That’s because it makes a seal between the jacket and your pants to keep wind and snow out.
- Wrist Gaiters-These are hand-liners that are built right into the jacket and have a thumb hole in them. This allows you to give your hands a little bit of protection, yet keep your fingers free.
- Waterproof Zippers-A lot of outdoor winter jackets are now being equipped with waterproof zippers which keep snow from getting into the inside of the jacket.